Guidelines For Making A Request
Because of overwhelming demand, you MUST follow our guidelines or your request for financial assistance will not be considered. This is to ensure everyone has a fair chance.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be able to show a true “need” — not just a “want”.
- You may only submit an application one time per 30 days.
- You must submit a completed application.
- You must complete the entire application process.
- You may only receive an award one time per household.
- You may only submit your request based on the instructions on the request assistance page.
Making A Request
Not A “True Need” According To Our Policy
(Example): “I really have been wanting to get a house of my own for years but can not afford one. Can you please buy me a house?”
Our comment about this request: Many people want to own a house but can not afford one. This is a want, not a need. What people need is shelter — a roof over your head. If you could buy one person a house, or help 100 people pay rent on their apartments, which would you choose?
A “True Need” According To Our Policy
(Example): “I am making a request for help to buy my 2 children some clothes for this coming school year. We were in a fire and lost everything. People have been helping us a great deal and we are thankful. I am not sure how much to request but I have a 10 year old daughter and a 7 year old son.”
Our comment about this request: This request demonstrated a need not a want. Again, put yourself in the shoes of the anonymous millionaire. Would you award this request? Probably so, we would think.
We would contact this person to confirm and verify the validity of the fire. We would then discuss their children’s’ needs and send gift cards to perhaps Target or Wal-Mart, etc… where they could purchase clothes for the children.
The application process is as follows:
- You will have to complete a questionnaire about your need. During the process you will have to provide your contact information (Name, email address, phone, amount you are requesting, purpose, etc…)
- Refer 3 family or friends to the website (This is not required but encouraged)
- Click link to process your request
Things To Know
30 Days Request Reward Cycles
Learning from the past, we have decided to run all requests in 30 day cycles. Here is how it will work. Example: If you make a request June 1 to June 30, requests will be reviewed, and those that are going to be awarded will receive their award July 1 to July 31.
Maximum Number of Awards Per Month
Because the philanthropist does not have an endless amount of resources, they have decided to award a maximum of 100 requests per month. Don’t feel discouraged into thinking that your requests will never be awarded. We a working hard to have solutions to help you even if your request is not awarded by us.
Because we have the 30 day request reward cycle, you may make a request once every 30 days only if your request was not awarded. You may not make more than one request in a 30 day cycle or all your requests will be automatically deleted by our system.